Trail length and time required
350 meters altitude gain (2410 - 2760 m), 700 m climbing trail length, approx. 3 hours; 4 hours incl. descent to Langtalereck Hütte.
From the exit area you reach Hochwilde Haus in about 40 minutes, Langtalereck Hütte in 60 minutes and Obergurgl in about 2.5 hours.
Safety informationSAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Whether sport climbing or via ferrata tour, a first aid kit and a cell phone with a full battery should always be with you.
140 - Mountain rescue - alpine emergency
112 - European emergency call (works with any mobile phone and in any available network)
Tips and hintsMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
By roadThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, chargeable