For a cycling holiday or a bike tour lasting several days or even several weeks, you need an abundance of equipment and clothing. Even if the complete packing list strongly depends on the duration of the cycle tour and the climatic conditions, the following list provides a rough overview:
- Storage: backpack, additional saddlebags at the front and the back, bag for handlebar or bicycle frame
- Clothing: bicycle helmet, cycling clothes, rain jacket & pants, functional underwear, set of extra clothing, gloves, etc.
- Care & hygiene utensils
- Sun protection & first-aid kit
- Orientation and navigation devices
- Spare parts such as bicycle tubes or spokes
- Repair tools
Ultimately, you need the right destination for your cycling holiday. Tirol's Ötztal, the unrivaled "nation on two wheels", with its valley-wide Cycle Trail that connects directly to the Inn cycle path could be such a top spot. HERE you can find out more about cycling and bike trekking in Ötztal.