1 Room for
and 0 Children
Please select the age of you children!
Hikers can explore 6 loop hiking routes focusing on one of the basic elements in Ötztal: water! Discover all facets of this important source of life. Depending on the route, you can hike towards the eternal ice, wild waterfalls, thundering streams, leisurely flowing brooklets, quiet mountain lakes and hot sulfur springs. The mainly easy Ötztal Water Strider Loop Trails are characterized by perfect hiking trail conditions and a high level of nature exploration.
Some of the family-friendly circular routes have been labelled as premium trails by the German Hiking Institute. The criteria for receiving the German hiking seal are:
• A top quality experience
• Easy walking
• Attractive trails
• Pleasant surface coverings
• Very well marked footpaths
The water walks offer a wide range of fascinating footpaths at the heart of nature.
• The 86 glaciers in Ötztal comprise the largest, glacier-covered region in the Eastern Alps.
• Stuiben Falls are Tirol's biggest waterfall (159 m).
• The natural jewel of lake Piburger See is Tirol's warmest swimming lake.
• The Ötztaler Ache white water mountain brook is Tirol's largest tributary.
• The AQUA DOME - Tirol Therme Längenfeld with its healing water is the first thermal spa in Tirol.