OETZ -> Piburg -> Toboggan Run -> Seejöchl (Rudolf Schock Way) -> Way Kohlstatt -> back to Habichen -> OETZ
Starting in Oetz, follwoing the forest road Elsinger Weg up to Kohlstatt. Ther you turn left to Rudolf Schock Weg. The panoramic point "Seejöchl" is next to the main trail. After the viewing point you follow the forest trail to Piburg. From the small village Piburg you can walk down to Oetz on the road, or you take the ski bus.
Safety informationPlease inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 5 72 00 500
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips, hints and linksMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/winterwandern
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz / Piburg:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
- Parking Piburg at the Hotel Seerose, subject to charges
Author’s map recommendations
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.