PICK-UP OF STARTING NUMBERS
All participants will receive a written confirmation and their starting number by e-mail until 01 August 2014. Starters' packages are handed out at the tennis center of Freizeit Arena in Sölden only upon presentation of the written starting place confirmation. Please read the general terms and conditions and sign them before you pick up your number. Always take a valid ID card with you..
Friday, 29 Aug 2014 - from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm
Saturday, 30 Aug 2014 - from 09.00 am to 10.00 pm
Sunday, 31 Aug 2014 - from 05.00 am to 06.00 am
- Traffic regulations (StVO) must be adhered to at all times, as the route is not entirely closed to public traffic. Every participant rides at his/her own risk. The organizer accepts no responsibility for accidents or any other liability (including third party) before, during or after the event.
- The cyclists should respect all orders given by race officials and policemen. Undisciplined riders will be disqualified and deleted from the official result list. Severe violations of traffic regulations will be reported to the responsible authorities, including all personal data.
- For painting on the asphalt road or sidewalk you must use water-soluble colors. In case of violation participants can be disqualified and must pay the cleaning service. It is strictly forbidden to paint on WALLS or BUILDINGS, e.g. at Timmelsjoch pass. PLEASE keep to the rules!
- Escort cars or accompanying cars are not allowed.
- Medical assistance is provided by the Red Cross.
- On the marathon course you find enough broom buses, service cars, service motorcycles, race directors, ambulance cars and one closing car.
- The organizer does not accept any responsibility for damaged bicycles in the broom buses, during the race, at the refreshment stations and in the Bike Park.
- Further road blocks without notice and additional waiting times up to one hour are always possible. The organizing committee provides enough service teams and assistants. Therefore accompanying cars are not necessary at all.
- The coveted Ötztaler Finisher Shirt is only given to all those who finish the entire marathon course correctly, passing all check points and reaching the finish area of Sölden in the predetermined time. The closing vehicle signs the end of the race! Cyclists who are behind the closing car are not considered as a part of the race and must pay special attention to oncoming traffic! It is possible to return to the race if the cyclist can overtake the closing car. The closing car will keep strictly to the control times at the respective checkpoints.
- The registration/entry status can be checked online at any time. All participants will receive a written confirmation and their starting number by e-mail until 01 August 2014. To avoid unnecessary waiting times this original starting place confirmation has to be signed and handed in when you pick up the starter's package in Sölden. You need a valid photo ID card!
- With the signature on the starting number confirmation, which has to be presented at the starter's package pick up, every participant accepts the general terms and conditions. All cyclists accept full responsibility for their health and physical condition. The organizer does not accept any responsibility for accidents during the marathon. .
There is a total of 4 starting blocks
Group 1A: Well-known guests invited by the organizer, for example Jan Ullrich (max. 20 persons).
Group 1B: Athletes qualified for Group 1:
Athletes qualified for Group 1: All participants who have conquered the Ötztaler Cycle Marathon in less than 8:20 hours/men or 9:05 hours/women in the last three years, have to start the race in the first block. Further criteria for participating in Group 1B will be available on Friday, 29 Aug 2014, on the information boards and can be checked directly with the organizing committee approximately one month prior to this date.
Group 1C: Certain cyclists invited by the organizing committee.
IMPORTANT: The access to the starting blocks 1A, 1B and 1C is possible before 06:30 am.
Group 2: All participants not belonging to the blocks 1A, 1B and 1C.
Participants who can achieve a place on the winners' podium in the single classes or in the overall ranking (both men and women), HAVE TO start in the first group. If a cyclist of Group 2 achieves a podium his starting time is changed automatically to 6:45 am, and his overall time is recalculated to a lower place in the ranking. For the men's and women's overall rankings from 1-10 the order of passing the finish line will be relevant and not the race time. This regulation applies in the different classes for all rankings between 1 and 3.
NEW DEPOSIT SERVICE
A special deposit service is at all cyclists' disposal: they can leave personal things on Saturday until 8:00 pm at the starters' package desk. Every cyclist can take advantage of 4 deposit bags which will be brought to the requested refreshment stations on Sunday during the marathon. Also in the course of the race you can leave things at the refreshment stations. Put your clothes in a bag marked with your starting number. It is important that the bag is tightly closed and the number on it must be legible. Every cyclist is responsible for the correct marking of his personal bag - prepare your deposit bags in advance! IMPORTANT: make sure there are NO liquids in your bag! You can pick up your clothes/things on Sunday and Monday in the tennis hall during opening times: watch out for the stand "DEPOSIT REFRESHMENT STATIONS". Clothes which are still here on Wednesday, 03 September 2014, at 12:00 noon will be disposed. The organizer does not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged items. .